The EnerCase CASE-2 (Java Application Control Engine) is a compact, embedded controller/server platform. It combines integrated control, supervision, data logging, alarming, scheduling and network management functions with Internet connectivity and web serving capabilities in a small, compact platform. The CASE-2 makes it possible to control and manage external devices over the Internet and present real time information to users in web-based graphical views.
The CASE-2 is a member of the Enercase suite of Java-based controller/server products, software applications and tools, which are designed to integrate a variety of devices and protocols into unified, distributed systems. Enercase products are powered by the revolutionary NiagaraAX Framework®, the industry’s first software technology designed to integrate diverse systems and devices into a seamless system. Niagara supports a wide range of protocols including LonWorks™, BACnet™, MODbus, oBIX and Internet standards. The AX Framework also includes integrated network management tools to support the design, configuration, installation and maintenance of interoperable networks.
The CASE-2 is ideal for smaller facilities, remote sites, and for distributing control and monitoring throughout large facilities. Optional input/output modules can be plugged in for applications where local control is required. The CASE-2 also supports a wide range of field busses for connection to remote I/O and stand-alone controllers. In small facility applications, the CASE-2 is all you need for a complete system.
The CASE-2 serves data and rich graphical displays to a standard web browser via an Ethernet LAN or remotely over the Internet, or dial-up modem. In larger facilities, multi-building applications and large-scale control system integrations, NiagaraAX Supervisor™ software can be used to aggregate information (real-time data, history, alarms, etc.) from large numbers of CASEs into a single unified application. The AX Supervisor can manage global control functions, support data passing over multiple networks, connect to enterprise level software applications, and host multiple, simultaneous client workstations connected over the local network, the Internet, or dial-up modem.
- Embedded Power PC platform @ 250 MHz
- Supports open and legacy protocols
- Web User interface serves rich presentations and live data to a browser
- Run stand-alone control, energy management, and multi-protocol integration
- Standard and optional communications boards
- Can be expanded with optional 16 and 34 point I/O Modules
- Small compact design is easy to install and supports multiple power options
- Optional 16 and 34 point I/O modules
Optional Communications Cards
- NPB-LON - Optional 78 Kbps FTT10 A Lon Adapter
- NPB-232 - Optional RS-232 port adapter with 9 pin D- shell connector
- NPB-2X-485 - Optional dual port RS-485 adapter; electrically isolated
NPB-PWR - Optional: 24 Volt AC/DC power supply module, Din Rail mounted Optional Wall Power Modules –
(Note: All modules are universal input 90 – 240 volts, 50/60 Hz.; the model numbers below represent the various plug configurations only)
- WPM-US - 120 Vac, 50- 60 Hz. US
- WPM-EU - 230 Vac, 50-60 Hz. Europe/Asia
- WPM-UK - 230 Vac 50-60 Hz. UK
- Construction: Plastic, din rail or screw mount chassis, plastic cover
- Cooling: Internal air convection
- Dimensions: 6.313” (16.04 cm) W x 4.820”(12.24 cm) H (including connectors) x 2.438” (6.19 cm) D
- Operating temperature range: 0° to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Storage Temperature range: 0° to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)
- Relative humidity range: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
UL 916, C-UL listed to Canadian Standards Association (CSA) C22.2 No. 205-M1983 “Signal Equipment”, CE, FCC part 15 Class A, C-tick (Australia)
Optional I/O Modules IO-34 - 34 Point I/O Module
- Max of 1 per CASE-2; includes integral 24 volt AC/DC input power supply for CASE-2 and IO; no other power required
- 16 Universal Inputs (Type 3 (10k) Thermistors, 0-1000 ohm, 0-10 volts, 0-20 mA with external resistor)
- 10 relay outputs (Form A contacts, 24 VAC @.5 amp rated
- 8 analog outputs (0-10 volt DC)
IO-16 - 16 Point I/O Module
- Up to 4 per CASE-2, 2 per CASE-2 if combined with a 34 Point I/O module
- 8 Universal Inputs (Type 3 (10k) Thermistors, 0-1000 ohm, 0-10 volts, 0-20 mA with external resistor)
- 4 relay outputs (Form A contacts, 24 VAC @.5 amp rated
- 4 analog outputs (0-10 volt DC)
Base Unit including two Ethernet ports, one RS-232 port, and one RS-485 port. Web User Interface and Niagara Connectivity included. oBIX Client/Server driver included.