The CASE-7 is one of a next generation embedded server product family from Tridium that runs on the standard NiagaraAX® platform. These embedded server platforms support multiple applications like building automation and energy management on the same platform. The CASE-7 is designed to provide high performance for control functions in a convenient din-rail mounted package. The CASE-7 can be accessed by remote Web browsers over a local Intranet or via the Internet and remotely via an optional
GPRS Modem card.
- QNX® Operating System with Oracle Hotspot Java 5 VM
- Supports standard Niagara objects and feature set components
- Powerful 440Epx PowerPC processor@652 MHz
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM memory
- Gigabit Ethernet ports
- RS-232 and Isolated RS-485 ports
- CASE Communication option slots for optional communication interface cards
- Supports Serial RS-232, RS-485 communication protocols with optional drivers
- Supports LonWorks® with optional communication card, BACnet™, Modbus, Sedona Framework with optional wireless option card, Remote I/O modules, and future industrial field-bus interfaces, etc.; additional driver software will be required
- Power - 15 volts DC @ 20 W from optional universal input Din-rail mounted supply
- Rechargeable internal NIMH battery backup, for short term power fail events
- Built-in recharging and monitoring support for an external 12V sealed lead-acid backup battery, for longer power fail durations. Built-in contact inputs are also available for UPS monitoring
- Multiple Mounting Options – DIN rail mounting or panel mounting using tabs on unit base
- Supports optional WiFi communications card for 802.11 b/g network communications
Uses WPM wall modules or NPB-PWR-UN universal power supply module Power required is 15 volts DC at 20 watts Max.
Note: The WPM is supplied with a “barrel plug” which must be removed and the wires attached to the CASE terminal connector to use this power option.
- Housed in molded plastic enclosure
- Cooling: Internal air convection
- Dimensions (approx): 8 1/2” wide X 6” high X 2 5/8” tall (215.9 mm wide X 152.4 mm high X 68.3 mm tall)
- Panel mounting via screws or standard Din rail.
- Weight: Net 4 lbs. (1.814 kg), Gross 5 lbs. (2.268 kg)
- 0 – 50° C, 32 - 122° F; 0-90% RH, non-condensing (for electronics) CASE
- UL 916
- C-UL listed to Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- C22.2 No. 205-M1983 “Signal Equipment”
- FCC part 15 Class A.
- RoHS compliant
- BTL B-BC listed when optional BACnet driver is used
- 652 MHz 440Epx Power PC processor
- QNX OS with IBM J9 VM (AX 3.5) or Oracle Hotspot Java 5 VM (AX 3.6 or higher)
- Requires NiagaraAX Release 3.5 or higher.
- Base unit – 1 GB DDR-2 333 MHz RAM
- 512 MB NAND flash memory on board for database storage, trend storage and system software
- Two 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- One RS-232 and one isolated RS-485 ports
- Internal battery backup to allow system database save after power failure, plus maintenance of Real-time clock for up to one year.
- Two CASE communication slots for optional CASE communication interface card use
- Optional WiFi communications card for 802.11 b/g network communications