The CASE-6E is a compact, embedded controller/server platform. Building on the CASE-6, it combines integrated control, supervision, data logging, alarming, scheduling and network management functions with Internet connectivity and web serving capabilities in a small, compact platform. The CASE-6E makes it possible to control and manage external devices over the Internet and present real-time information to users in web-based graphical views.
The CASE-6E is a member of Tridium’s suite of controller/server products, software applications and tools, which are designed to integrate a variety of devices and protocols into unified, distributed systems. These products are powered by the revolutionary NiagaraAX Framework®, the industry’s leading software technology designed to integrate diverse systems and devices into a seamless system. Niagara supports a wide range of protocols including LonWorks™, BACnet™, Modbus, oBIX and Internet standards. The AX Framework also includes integrated network management tools to support the design, configuration, installation and maintenance of interoperable networks.
The CASE-6E enhancements include data recovery services for battery less operation and increased operating ambient temperature. Battery maintenance is no longer necessary when using data recovery services. However, the CASE-6E can still be installed with an optional battery and can provide up to 10 minutes of operation during power outages and disturbances if equipped.
The CASE-6E is ideal for smaller facilities, remote sites, and for distributing control and monitoring throughout large facilities. Optional input/output modules can be plugged in for applications where local control is required. The CASE-6E also supports a wide range of field busses for connection to remote I/O and standalone controllers. In small facility applications, the CASE-6E is all you need for a complete system.
The CASE-6E serves data and rich graphical displays to a standard web browser via an Ethernet LAN or remotely over the Internet, or dial-up modem. In larger facilities, multi-building applications and large-scale control system integrations, AX Supervisor™ software can be used to aggregate information (real-time data, history, alarms, etc.) from large numbers of CASEs into a single unified application. The AX Supervisor can manage global control functions, support data passing over multiple networks, connect to enterprise level software applications, and host multiple, simultaneous client workstations connected over the local network, the Internet, or dial-up modem.
- Embedded PowerPC Platform@ 524MHz
- Supports open and legacy protocols
- QNX Real-time Operating System
- Web User interface (standard) serves rich graphical browser presentations
- Run stand-alone control, energy management, and integration applications within the CASE-6E series controllers
- Supports two optional communications boards
- Optional 16 and 34 point I/O Modules
- Data Recovery Services prevents data loss during power interruptions
- Optional battery is available for extended runtime
Memory Upgrade Option
NPB-256 Upgrade RAM memory to 256 MB DDR
T-600E Base Unit including two Ethernet ports, one RS-232 port, one RS-485 port, Web User Interface and Niagara Connectivity included. oBIX Client/Server driver included.
Optional Communications Cards
- NPB-LON - Optional 78 Kbps FTT10 A Lon Adapter
- NPB-232 - Optional RS-232 port adapter with 9 pin D- shell connector
- NPB-2X-485 - Optional dual port RS-485 adapter; electrically isolated
- T-NPB-GPRS-W GPRS Modem Option Card
- NPB-ZWAVE-US ZWAVE Option Card for North America
- NPB-ZWAVE-EU ZWAVE Option Card for Europe
- NPB-SED-001 Sedona Wireless Option Card
NPB-PWR - Optional: 24 Volt AC/DC power supply module, Din Rail mounted Optional Wall Power Modules –
(Note: All modules are universal input 90 – 240 volts, 50/60 Hz.; the model numbers below represent the various plug configurations only)
- WPM-US - 120 Vac, 50- 60 Hz. US
- WPM-EU - 230 Vac, 50-60 Hz. Europe/Asia
- WPM-UK - 230 Vac 50-60 Hz. UK
- WPM-JP 100 Vac 50-60 Hz. Japan
- NPB-PWR-UN Optional universal voltage input power supply module, Din Rail mounted. Input voltage is 90-263 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz auto adjusting. Acceptable for ambient temperatures between 0-50degC
- NPB-BATT Optional Battery Kit. Provides up to 10 minutes of runtime during power outages and disturbances
- Direct connect (Pin compatible) with the NPB-PWR & NPB-PWR-UN power supplies.
- Modules can be powered directly from select CASE models with 15VDC outputs.
- External 15 VDC power supply
- DIN rail or surface mounting
- Optional battery kit provides up to 10 minutes of runtime during power outages and disturbances
- Construction: Plastic, din rail or screw mount chassis, plastic cover
- Cooling: Internal air convection
- Operating temperature range: 0-60C(32°F to 140°F)
- Operating temperature range: 0-50C(32°F to 122°F) w/ optional battery kit
- Storage Temperature range: 0° to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)
- Relative humidity range: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- UL 916
- C-UL listed to Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- C22.2 No. 205-M1983 “Signal Equipment”
- FCC part 15 Class A.
- RoHS compliant
- BTL B-BC listed when optional BACnet driver is used
Optional I/O Modules
- IO-16 Optional 16 point IO module; directly connects to CASE IO connector.
- IO-34 Optional 34 point IO Module; directly connects to CASE IO connector.
- IO-16-485 Optional remote 16 point IO module, RS-485 bus connected to CASE-6E; up to 16 units may be connected max., additional power .supply required to power the remote IO.
IO-16 - 16 Point I/O Module
- Up to 4 per CASE-6E, 2 per CASE-6E if combined with a 34 Point I/O module
- 8 Universal Inputs (Type 3 (10k) Thermistors, 0-1000 ohm, 0-10 volts, 0-20 mA with external resistor)
- 4 relay outputs (Form A contacts, 24 VAC @.5 amp rated
- 4 analog outputs (0-10 volt DC)
IO-16-485 Remote IO module
- 16 IO Points per device
- 8 Universal Inputs - Type 3 (10k) Thermistors, 0-100K ohm, 0-10 vdc, 0-20 mA with external resistor
- 4 relay outputs (Form A contacts, 24 VAC @ .5 amp rated)
- 4 analog outputs (0-10 vdc)
- Up to 16 remote IO-16-485 modules max per CASE-6E